Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Project Thursday: White Chocolate Candy Corn Fudge

Since this weeks Challenge (TPE170) is a Treat Holder - I though I would share a quick and easy Sweet Treat to Eat.

White Chocolate Candy Corn Fudge

I'm not a big white chocolate fan - but my 11 year old daughter (Little K) sure is.  This easy recipe was perfect for her....to make...and to eat.

There are only 3 ingredients:

6 Cups White Baking Pieces
2 Cans (14 oz. ea) Sweetened Condensed Milk
Vanilla

The recipe is a simplified version of this holiday classic (I just omitted the dried fruits and nuts).  

Line a 9 X 9 baking pan with foil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.


Combine the baking chips and milk in a large heavy saucepan/pot.  Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly until pieces are melted.  


Be careful not to let the bottom scorch.  Constant stirring is the key to getting all the chips melted.  

Remove from heat and stir in vanilla (approx 2 tsp - sorry I don't really measure).

Pour 1/3 of the melted mixture (white) into the Foil Lined baking pan.  

Separate the remaining mixture into two even parts.  Use Food Coloring to tint one portion Orange and pour over the white layer in the baking pan.

If necessary - return to heat to keep consistency fluid. 
Tint the last 1/3 of the melted mixture Yellow and pour over the orange layer.

(sorry no pictures for this part, I was trying to move quickly before the chocolate mixture set)

Refrigerate the layered fudge mixture overnight (at least 6 hours) until firm.

Remove the layered fudge from the pan and peel away the foil (the cooking spray will make it easily release)

Cut into 1" strips.

I was really worried about how uneven my layers were.  I completely misjudged the first white layer and thought I would have to make another batch...but I decided to try cutting it anyway.  

Cut each of the strips into triangles.  

Surprisingly, once the sloppy ends were cut away - the remaining layers turned out looking pretty much like Candy Corn - even though my layers started out very uneven. 

Separate the cut pieces and refrigerate for another hour (so the cut edges harden as well).

If you are a Candy Corn Expert - you will notice that by cutting the strips into triangles, you end up with different combinations of layers. 

Only one is "officially" correct.  

So I decided to add some decoration to the ones that were not perfectly Candy Corn colored.  

I dipped the bottom of the fudge piece intp a sugar glaze (confectioners sugar and water) and then into a mixture of Yellow and Orange Jimmies.  I also dipped some into tiny white nonpareils (because I ran out of Jimmies).  

The combination of the decorated and classic candy corn colored fudges make a pretty presentation on a Plate, in your Treat Bag...


...or even as a neighborhood Boo Gift.  


Thanks for Reading Along. 


22 comments:

Sara I. said...

Shut the front door!! How awesome and I bet yummy are those!! Thanks for the recipe - will have to give this a go with my girls. xx

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW....these are AWESOME!! I'm with Sara!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!!

Melissa said...

Oh, I can see so many possibilities with this easy recipe. Thanks for sharing! I am sure the non conventional candy corn is just as tasty :)

NancyD said...

Amazing!

Sherry Eckblad said...

This looks yummy and something I can make with the grandkids.

Rhonda Miller said...

Mmm, that looks yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW!! How yummy!! LOVE!!

Kathy said...

Awesome! These are too cute! Will try them for sure.

Anonymous said...

OMG they look AMAZING!!!

Heather said...

These look fabulous!! Oh sooo yummy!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Hugs
Heather

Beckie said...

Oh my too fabulous!!! TFS


Be blessed, Beckie
Stampin' Up Ind Demo
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is so Fabulous!!! So glad you shared this with us! What a great memory you just made with your daughter!!

Sharon said...

Yum, yum, yum. Can you give me your address!!!
Hugs Sharon. x

Andrea W said...

Super cute treat for Halloween. Thanks for sharing!

Stacey Schafer said...

What a DARLING idea, Karina:)

Lyndal said...

Definitely good enough to eat!!! Thanks so much for sharing Karina :)

Bridie said...

Thanks for sharing this, It should keep my niece and nephew amused this weekend while I look after them.

Dana Joy said...

Too cute. Will be making some of these for sure.

Migdalia said...

Too!Too!Cute!Darn Cute!and Yummy Too!
Migdalia

Unknown said...

This fudge is the 'something different' for Halloween I have been looking for. Can't wait to make it and have on hand for the kids. Love the way the colors are layered. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Just made this, have in fridge setting. I used gel food coloring. Cant wait until it sets! Made this for my girls for after school as a surprise even though they are high school age! So cute!!

FriggleFraggle said...

Your White Chocolate Candy Corn Fudge
was featured in this blog post:
http://friggle-fraggle.blogspot.com/2014/10/thirty-one-days-of-halloween-day-2-for.html